Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why so frakin early?

That's simple really, it started as a soft whimper, whispering from the other side of the room. Slowly it began to grow more urgent. We (I) did set the clocks back last night, but my brain was so fuzzy I didn't know if it was 1:30 am or 2:30 am.
It really didn't matter, some one had to go out and water the lawn. After I took the two littlest out, started the coffee pot, brought them back in and put them away, grabbed a lightly tanned cup of coffee and sat down in my office, it was the old ancient ones turn.
Once he was taken care of, I finally started up the computer, clicked on the WoW beta icon, and nothing happend.
This was actually a good thing. Yesterday, as I was fishing through my writing notebooks, I found three different bios I had written for my detective and four short stories, and one long one, that I had started. Never finished them.
Now, I had a chance to figure out where I was, and which one I should do first.
Only interrupted once, an hour after I let him out, the old ancient one hobbled into my office and stared at me for a few seconds before a low cry began to grow from his throat.
"Let me guess, again?"
Just a low quiet roar came out as an answer.
"That's a yes," I sighed.
There are only a few times the old man gets really excited, when he thinks he is getting food, which is every time someone enters the kitchen, or he gets to go out side.
Or that certain odor is in the air and he is thinking, "Maybe this time!"
Once the five trips up and down the steps were done I began. Now I'm organized, (don't have a heart attack) and ready to work on them.
First one will be a short story, a way of introduction.
I'll be back once I get the feeling back in my finger tips.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment